Our dedicated Employment practice has gained a national reputation for providing practical, current advice and well structured documentation.
We offer a range of legal services for international and regional employers in all sectors and for the entire the life cycle of the employment relationship. We advise on immigration and residency rules, Ministry of Labour compliance, staff benefits and incentive schemes; redundancy and termination management; end of service gratuity settlements; drafting and remodelling of service contracts and all other kinds of employment contract documentation.
The team also works with colleagues in our Corporate
and Mergers & Acquisitions
teams, on the employment aspects of business registrations, business transfers and restructuring
. We also provide support to our Dispute Resolution
colleagues when employment matters become contentious.
Typically, we assist clients with:
- Transactional advice – advising on employment aspects of commercial transactions, in particular, staff transfers in the course of corporate mergers and acquisitions.
- Immigration and Ministry of Labour regulation – advising on residency and employment status issues, employee registration formalities, short-term assignments and secondment arrangements, statutory end of service entitlements and termination considerations.
- Contractual documentation – preparation of offer letters, standard form employment contracts, bespoke service agreements for senior executives, employee handbooks and letters of termination.
- Benefit schemes and incentivisation – advising on the creation and management of all forms of staff benefit and incentivisation schemes, including employee share option plans.
- Contentious representation – giving guidance in contentious matters, in conjunction with our Dispute Resolution team.
Our client base includes both local and international companies in most sectors: banking and finance, insurance, building contracting, manufacturing, government procurement, information technology, real estate, leisure and tourism and transportation. We are also law firm of choice for many leading law firms in the US, UK, Europe and the Asia Pacific region.
Winner of Asian-MENA Counsel Firm of the Year for Employment 2010 and 2012
“This group receives praise for its representation of international and local companies in employment matters in the UAE.” Chambers Global, 2013
Sources say: "I would recommend Hadef & Partners as a law firm that offers accurate, detailed information from professional and personable people." Chambers Global, 2013
Alex McGeoch leads the employment practice in Dubai. Sources appreciate his "very clear advice" and note that "he is quick to respond and very attentive to our needs." Chambers Global, 2013