DR HADEF AL DHAHERI
+971 2 6276622
His Excellency Dr. Hadef Al Dhaheri founded the firm that bears his name, Hadef & Partners, in 1980 and was a senior partner until his appointment as Minister of Justice for the UAE in February 2008.
As Federal Minister of Justice (2008-2014), Dr. Hadef held the position of President of the Supreme Judicial Council, Chairman of the Ministerial Legislative Committee, Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Zakat Fund, and Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Institute of Training and Judicial Studies.
Dr. Hadef also served as the Vice Chancellor of the UAE University (1994-2007) and as a member of the Faculty of Sharia and Law at the UAE University. He was also a Legal Advisor for the Government of Abu Dhabi (1993-1994) and a member of the following Councils and Authorities:
- Vice President and President of the Consultative Body for the Supreme Council of the GCC (2006–2008)
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Dubai International Arbitration Centre (2004–2008)
- Member of the Board of Directors of Water & Electricity of Abu Dhabi (1999–2011)
- Member of the Advisory Body for the Supreme Council of the GCC (1998–2008)
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Prize of Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid for Medical Sciences (1998-2008)
Dr. Hadef was awarded a Ph.D. in Constitutional Law from Cambridge University in the UK in 1991 and an LLM in Comparative Law from Harvard University, USA (1984).
In August 2014, Dr. Hadef resumed activity at Hadef & Partners with the title of Founding Partner.