The engineering and construction industry is a major element of the UAE economy in the 21st century. In recent times, the UAE’s engineering and construction industry has been among the busiest in the world.
Hadef & Partners provides a significant level of legal specialism to the engineering and construction sector, by offering our industry clients a comprehensive advice service for both procurement and resolving disputes. We have a deep understanding of the industry in this jurisdiction and our advice is targeted to meet our clients’ needs and expectations, through both our Arabic and English language lawyers and support staff.
Clients of our practice encompass the entire development spectrum of developers, financiers, contractors, major sub-contractors and project consultants.
Our services embrace major project work, including infrastructure and commercial development. We have negotiated and advised upon some of the largest water, power, pipeline and overhead transmission line EPC projects in the UAE – from pre-tender stage right through to project completion. We frequently advise in relation to major retail, leisure, residential and office developments.
We assist our clients - be they employers, contractors or consultants - on all aspects of contract interpretation and procedures during the course of projects, and step in to provide analysis and representation to our clients in the important interfaces that routinely occur between the participants in operations on site. We provide a depth of experience that allows our services to be delivered both on a timely and a value-added basis, where they are particularly needed in order to meet the requirements of our clients’ ongoing development activities.
We offer a depth of specialism on:
- FIDIC model forms advice
- contract drafting and amendment
- hybrid and specialist forms
- commercial project documentation, bonds, guarantees, warranties
- insurance documentation.
We represent clients both in the UAE courts and in the available forms of dispute resolution, be it conciliation, mediation or arbitration. Our services include:
- UAE arbitration (DIAC, DIFC and ADCCAC)
- conciliation, mediation, adjudication
- international arbitration
- risk awareness and management (time, cost, quality)
- extension of time claims
- delay damages and overrun cost claims
- variations/prime cost, and provisional sums
- payment and final account issues
- the interface between arbitration rules, UAE court and other procedures
- instructions to experts and arbitrator appointments
- design, workmanship and materials failures
- bond calls, guarantees and warranty claims
- insurance claims and professional indemnity
We offer a comprehensive service to suit the needs of our clients and, importantly, their projects. We aim to speak the language of E&C with our clients and to share their passion for the industry in all its fascinating aspects.