All aspects of corporate, financial, banking, regulatory and general transactional work are covered by our team including inward investment, mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital, corporate structuring and restructuring, joint ventures, corporate reorganizations and initial public offerings. We strive to maintain our focus on our clients’ overall commercial objectives in structuring and negotiating transactions. We operate at the highest standards of quality and responsiveness at all times, which underpins the value which we seek to add.
We are regarded as having a deep understanding of our region's business and legal environment. Our international and regional clients gain the benefit of our long-standing presence in the UAE, which corresponds to a wealth of knowledge and contacts in relation to the structuring and conduct of business.
A large part of our corporate offering consists of the provision of legal advice in relation to the formation of companies, establishment of branch and representative offices, and related agency and sponsorship arrangements, both inside and outside the UAE's free zones and special economic areas. The firm has acted in the establishment of the majority of premier public and private joint stock companies in the UAE.
Managing for successful outcomes is our strength. Whether completing a groundbreaking public equities offering or setting up a business in a free zone, our 35 years of experience in the UAE ensures our clients receive a well-rounded and considered service.
We have led the industry on numerous matters such as playing an instrumental role in establishing the legal framework governing private placements and IPO prospectus preparation in the UAE. Indeed, our lawyers pioneered Western-style IPOs in the UAE, and have advised on more IPOs in Abu Dhabi and Dubai than any other law firm. On many occasions, we have assisted in the creation of procedures and standards used by governmental authorities.
We offer a comprehensive, entry-to-exit service which includes advising on:
- mergers, acquisitions and disposals
- corporate structuring and restructuring
- inward investment projects including licensing and incorporation in the UAE
- shareholder and joint venture agreements
- changes to ownership and management structures
- initial public offerings and securities underwritings
- capital markets regulation
- corporate governance and duties of directors
- listing of debt and equity instruments
- UAE corporate laws and regulations
- regulatory strategies and compliance
- establishment of branch and representative offices of foreign companies
- commercial agencies, sponsorship and related arrangements
We work closely with Hadef & Partners’ Commercial, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Banking & Finance, Financial Services and Real Estate teams to offer clients a truly seamless service.