The real estate sector represents a significant element of the UAE economy. Hadef & Partners is regarded as a market leader in all aspects of property law, with expertise in the entire range of property sectors, including tourism, leisure, utilities, energy, infrastructure, dispute resolution, development and industrial matters.
Our Property team advises on the entire real estate life cycle, including project and corporate structuring, land and real estate acquisition, asset management, disposals and leasing. We have advised on projects with a combined value in excess of AED80 billion and our real estate lawyers have more than 45 years of combined UAE-specific experience between them.
We act for regional and international developers, investors, contractors, financial institutions, investment funds, operators, retailers, landlords, tenants and governmental entities.
Our team is regularly involved in the establishment of mixed-use developments, industrial projects and strata structures. We also have extensive experience in major projects, infrastructure and commercial developments, including retail, leisure, residential and office developments.
We maintain close working relationships with governmental authorities and the primary developers of the region, enabling us to provide advice with valuable local knowledge and insight into existing and planned real estate laws, regulations and practices.
We also have considerable experience in a broad range of real estate disputes, working alongside our market-leading dispute resolution practice, which has rights of audience in the UAE courts and a team dedicated to arbitration proceedings in UAE arbitration centres, as well as specialist rent committee advisors. We are well-versed in the practical impact of federal laws as well as local laws affecting real estate matters across all of the Emirates of the UAE.
Our services include:
- Acquisitions and disposals and financing - of major commercial, retail and industrial properties, as well as tourism and leisure assets
- Development - preparation of development agreements, sale and purchase agreements, strata documentation and other ancillary documentation
- Structuring - advising on corporate structuring and investment vehicles for local and international clients seeking to enter the UAE real estate market
- Jointly-owned property - structuring jointly-owned and mixed-use developments and assisting with negotiations and disputes in respect of service charges
- Financing - advising on, negotiating and establishing real estate financing options together with our experienced Banking & Finance team
- Due diligence - conducting due diligence and preparation of reports to assist with real estate and corporate acquisitions, disposals, restructurings and financings
- Environmental - advising on applications for environmental and other approvals
- Dispute resolution - negotiating the resolution of real estate disputes and coordinating court and arbitral proceedings
- Leasing - negotiating and documenting retail, commercial and residential leasing agreements and assisting with property management and tenancy issues
- Non-contentious construction - advising on and preparing construction agreements and other related documentation
- Projects and infrastructure - assisting with large, complex projects across a range of industries, utilities and infrastructure
- Funds - advising on efficient fundraising and investment vehicles including REITS, together with our Corporate team who specialise in various fund vehicles and structures
Complemented by the expertise of our Banking & Finance, Corporate and Dispute Resolution teams, we provide comprehensive service to our real estate clients.